Ⅰ. Postgraduate Programs:
Full time study of Master Program, Successive Master & Doctoral program, Doctoral program
Ⅱ. Criteria and Eligibility
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizenswith physical and mental health, and obey the relevant laws of China and regulations of XZMU.
2. Educational background and age limit:
Applicants musthave the relevant medical background in Bachelor or Master’s study, and meet all the requirements of the current admission notice.
Applicants for 3-4 years Master Program, 6-8 years Successive Master-doctor Programmust have a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 32.
Applicants for 3-5 years DoctoralProgram must have a master's degree and be under the age of 37.
3. Students apply for clinical type master or doctoral degree program must have HSK 4 certificate. Students apply for research type master or doctoral degree programs do not need to have HSK 4 certificate but they must obtain it before graduation as one of the requirements of graduation.
4.To the applicant in any of these situations:
1) Who was born with a foreign nationality, and one or both of his/her parents are living abroad with Chinese nationalities;
2) Who abandoned his/her original Chinese nationality and then joined a foreign nationality after emigrating from any region of China, such as Hong Kong, Macao or Taiwan, etc.
According to the Government Document No.12 (2020) by Ministry of Education of China, the applicant should: 1) hold the valid foreign passport or nationality credentials for at least four years, and 2) in the most recent four years (up to April, 30thof the admission year), a record of living abroad for at least two years (nine months and above can be counted as one year, which is subject to the passport entry and exit page stamps). He/she should provide related documents as follows (including documents mentioned in part Ⅳ“Application documents uploaded to system”): Naturalization certification; Cancellation of the original nationality; passport entry and exit stamp pages of the last four years; Study records abroad in the most recent four years.
Ⅲ.Application and Registration Time
Online application system: https://xzhmu.17gz.org/
Application time: March 2022- August 2022 (Note: please be noted that any possible changes of the application deadline due to actual situation will be updated via school website, application system news list, or system message to applicants.)
Registration time: usually in September of current admission year. (Note: please contact student affairs office for new students’ registration after admission, email@example.com. In addition, the new students’ teacher’s contact will be given to enrolled students via school system.)
Ⅳ. Application Procedures
1.Applicants should use international student online service system on the website of School of International Education for application: https://xzhmu.17gz.org/, and choose the specialty from system. For scholarship information, please check this link: http://gjjyen.xzhmu.edu.cn/info/1071/1301.htm.
2. Application documents uploaded to system (each E version document shall be within 1.5mb size):
(1)2-inch color bareheaded electronic photo, white background, no less than 320*240 pixel size,100-500KB in JPG format. Please make sure to upload the correct photo, which will be used later for government system check.
(2)Copy of valid passport, current visa/residence permit page (students currently in China must provide), highest diploma and transcript. (Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English shall be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.)
(3) Two recommendation letters issued by Associate Professors (or above)
(4) Highest certificate of HSK examination (at least HSK level 4 for clinical type applicants), English Proficiency Test (esp. for the applicants whose official language is not English, students should provide relevant English language certificate as the working or learning language for university study, such as IELTS, TOEFL,or provide study certificate in English medium by previous school,or pass the online interview by our university.)
(5) Non-criminal Record
(6) CV(Curriculum Vitae) in the length of about 800 words or above, including academic study background, study/research plan, and understanding of the applied discipline. Besides, the applicants who are not fresh graduate students (graduated years before the year of application) must provide detailed information (with documents) of work experience or engaged activities since the time of graduation until date in “CV” part, or in “other document” part in system.
(7) Foreigner Physical Examination Form
(8) E copy of handwriting signature.
(9)Other supportive materials if have, such asGraduation thesis of bachelor or master study, and copy of published articles, andexcellent performance certificates, etc.
(10)Fill in all the basic personal information in school system. Make sure to provide correct current email and home address, and at least one social media contact (of QQ/WeChat/Ding Talk) when filling in application in system.
(11)The provisional acceptance letter from the professor: the applicant can contact a professor in related field for evaluation by himself/herself after mutual communication before online application to school system, or find a professor with our guidance after registration in application system.
The letter is filled in by a mentor from our university according to his/her communication with the applicant. It cannot be used as an official letter of admission; it can only be used as a supplementary document of the application materials for study at Xuzhou Medical University. See the attachment at the end of the page.
Ⅴ. Admission and New Students’ Registration Procedures
1. School of International Education of Xuzhou Medical University will select the outstanding applicants according to application materials and admission scheme. Usually applicants will get reply in about 7 workdays after submitting application materials in the system. The E-offer (pre-admission letter) will be sent to the applicant who passed both school and professor check through the system. After that, applicants should pay CNY 600(non-refundable) for locking the seat and upload the scanning copy of payment receipt to the application system within 7 days after he/she received pre-admission letter. The admission deposit will be offset as fees he/she needs to pay after registration in XZMU.
2. After confirming the admission deposit, school will apply JW202 form based on current government policies and issue formal admission E offer to applicants via system.
3. Applicants should take Admission offer and JW202 form and other required documents to the Embassy/Consulate of the People’s Republic of China to apply for X1 visa to come to study in Chinaaccording to the most recent visa policies when border opens.(The applicants shall refer to related official websites’ of government for details.)
4. Applicants shall register at School of International Education with admission documents and other required original documents at the fixed time according to school arrangement. Failure to register(online/offline) over two weeks without school permission would be regarded as automatic withdrawal. (Note: Enrolled students shall contact student affairs office and batch teacher in time to confirm the related policies in the pandemic time and then complete new students’ registration procedures online or offline accordingly. For more registration information, please contact Student Affairs Office, or check school website-Student Affairs-Registration Guidance for Freshmen.)
Applicants for master degree program are required to complete the study within 3-4 years.
Applicants for doctoral degree program are required to complete the study within 3-5 years.
Applicants for 6-8 years successive master-doctoral degree program are required to complete the study within 6-8 years.(Obtain both master and doctoral degrees at the end of doctoral study)
The department of each discipline formulates the cultivation scheme.
1. Registration fee: 600 (only in the first year)
2. Tuition fee:
36 000/person/academic year (master program)
40 000/person/academic year (doctoral/successive master-doctoral program)
3. Hostel fee: 4 600/person/academic year (double room)
Others: university will guide all students to go through all procedures such as physical examination, residence permit and insurance. Students have to pay required fees to the acceptors during all procedures. All fees are not refundable and their use can’t be changed.
Ⅷ. Diploma and Certificate
Full-time international studentsforMaster /Doctoral programs, whosuccessfully defend the graduation thesisand meet the requirements ofMaster /Doctoral degree,will be granted the diploma and conferred with the relevant degree as applied.
Add: School of International Education, Xuzhou Medical University
209, Tongshan Road. Xuzhou, Jiangsu, P.R.China
Student Admission Office：
Tel: +86 516 83262230,
Student Affairs Office：For new students registration after admission
Tel: +86 516 83262808
1. For more information, please visit http://gjjyen.xzhmu.edu.cn/.
2. Xuzhou Medical University keeps the right to adjust the information without prior notice.
3. Please contact School of International Education, Xuzhou Medical University for specifics.